Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

Alas, I'm in wonder once again that another year has flown by and I wake up to find Thanksgiving has arrived. My favorite holiday, yet different this year, as Mike and I find ourselves half way across the country, celebrating our blessings without our loved ones for the first time in our lives. We will miss being surrounded by the laughter and smiles of our families, yet still find ourselves grateful to be together and appreciate the wonder of celebrating with one another.

This year has been so difficult for so many. The economy has taken its toll across the nation, and has touched very close to home this year. My heart is filled with compassion for those who find themselves casualties of this recession, though I know that God has a plan; that He is always faithful, and that He is in control. I know many blessings are in store for those who remain faithful and strong in the face of adversity.

I feel blessed beyond measure this year. The Jayman is a happy, healthy (and very spunky) baby boy who blesses all within his presence with laughter and joy. Baby Myah, with her open heart and sweet, gentle nature, is a gift of love, wrapped in pink. God continues to close windows and open doors for my children. When I don my Matriarch glasses, I survey a richness unrivaled by gold or silver. No greater gift exists.

I find my life filled with new people and experiences this year, and am grateful for new opportunities and adventures; I'm extremely thankful for a husband who stands beside me, who encourages me to step outside my comfort zone and take chances.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Lynn

No comments: