Sunday, June 5, 2011

I Thought You Were Dead - Pete Nelson


I hesitated to read this book, mostly because nothing is going to compare to The Art of Dancing in the Rain, and I didn't want to read another Marley & Me or Old Yeller. That said, however, I did pick this book up Memorial Day weekend and read the majority of it in a day - setting it aside and finishing it this afternoon.

Definitely a love story about a man and his dog, though Stella "talks" to her master in this novel - I'll call it telepathy and try not to overthink it. It worked to fill a lazy afternoon and pass a few hours outside on the deck, so I'll give it a B+.
It's a decent read, to be fair, but it's not a classic, and it doesn't carry the same emotional sucker punch as those mentioned above. In the end, maybe that's a good thing.

No comments: