Saturday, December 3, 2011

Kindle Fire

I am SO in love with my new Kindle Fire!
Yes, that came from me - the one who drug her feet and resisted the Nook, the earlier edition Kindle, and all other e-readers. I did receive the Kindle Wi-Fi for Christmas last year and I did use it. Some. I was still in love with turning that paper page, the smell of print ink, the cushy feel of the paperback. The e-reader was a slim, lightweight option for travel and I began to utilize it.
It was not, however, a replacement. It was a supplement.
Fast forward to the Kindle Fire. WOW! (Shameless plug ahead): Amazon got it right this time! It's 7 portable inches of reading, computing, listening pleasure. I can download my music, stream video, read, surf . . . all the things I want (or need) to do in one portable handheld device.
Better yet? $199! How do you beat that?!?! We're not talking the popular "Brand X" pricing here. The Fire device is uber*affordable for everyone.
There you have it. I don't normally endorse products, but I'm the first to sing the praises of the Kindle Fire. The old fashioned, paper-loving, ink-smelling book reader has officially entered the 21st century of reading.

1 comment:

Lori Robinett said...

I went the Nook tablet route (largely because I like the in-store help that's available) - and I agree wholeheartedly. These e-reader tablets are nearly perfect. Everything I want in one little package. A GREAT supplement to my reading enjoyment.