Saturday, April 7, 2012

A Certain Justice - John Lescroart

Ah, the comforts of returning to one's favorite author!

I've been reading Lescroart for years, and am completely and totally hooked on his lead character, defense attorney Dismas Hardy. This, however, is the first book I've read that featured chief homicide inspector Abe Glitsky (Hardy's best friend) front and center.

I loved it.

Glitsky is a tough, no-nonsense, hard-as-nails C-O-P. He does his job, and he does the right thing, every time, because it's the honorable thing to do. This book reveals a personal struggle when Glitsky's young son falls victim to a hit-and-run, amidst the usual angst of navigating a high-profile, difficult homicide investigation.

Someone needs to pick up the rights to Lescroart's writings. These are characters I'd love to see on the big screen. That said, of course, I know I'd be highly disappointed with the typical film adaptation of such wonderfully written books with such lively and well developed characters.

If you haven't flipped the pages (or e-screens) of a Lescroart novel, you are sorely behind and missing out on some of the best crime-thriller fiction on the market.

No comments: