Sunday, November 18, 2012

Thanksgiving

Ah, to be home again!  This is, without doubt, what Mike and I have missed the most the past two years - being home with our families during the holidays. 

There is so very much to be thankful for this year.  We are home, first and foremost.  After a year brimming with change, I am beginning a new career Monday.  We are healthy.  We get to spend our holidays with most of our family nearby.  We have the most adorable little grandsons, who just happen to think we walk on water!  We are buying a HOME again ... a place where we can once more settle in with a sense of permanency. 

It seems only appropriate to post a photo of the cornucopia, or "horn of plenty," for how I feel this year.  My cup truly runneth over.  The past two years have been part of the Master's grand design to land us right here, right now, where we are supposed to be.  He led us down a path of exploration, challenge, and growth, all of which culminated in being in the right place at the right time.  For all the "unsettledness" that accompanied this period in our lives, He, in all his infinite wisdom and perfect timing, has put us exactly where He wants us and provided for us in ways we never imagined.  God is so good, and I am ever so thankful for His wondrous gifts and blessings.

It seems appropriate to remind you this year of the symbolism of the cornucopia ... abundance.  I am abundantly blessed with peace, joy, and love this year as I enter the season of Thanksgiving.  I am in complete and total AWE of the one true God who blesses me abundantly, beyond my wildest dreams, and certainly beyond my worth.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours - may you be abundantly blessed and surrounded by those you love!

Lynn

1 comment:

Ginger said...

One of the things I am most thankful for this year is you guys being here. Last year at Thanksgiving I remember talking to you both on the phone while I sat in my bathroom and cried because I wanted you HERE. Not exactly grown up behavior. (Sometimes I just want my mom...even if I am 29.) Even if you do keep boomeranging we love having you guys around for everyday life. And we L-O-V-E seeing you with Davis. We're not sure who is a bigger fan of the other...and that's how it should be with your grandparents.

I'm tearing up but I love you guys so much and couldn't be any more thankful for my family to be here and present and apart of the day in day out stuff.